Dr. Derrick Raymer, D.C.
Dr. Raymer’s philosophy and approach goes hand in hand with the evidence-based assessment and treatment model, which allows him to treat a variety of symptoms and injuries. He takes a “whole body” approach to his treatments and evaluation.
He was an All-American football player at Sam Houston State University and received his Bachelors degree while attending there. He received his doctorate from Palmer College of Chiropractic. While there, he studied and attended a variety of post-graduate courses on sports performance and rehabilitation to incorporate into his practice.
He specializes in youth injury assessments, treatments, and performance training. He believes in fixing dysfunctions and imbalances to prevent injuries. Dr. Raymer loves working with young athletes to achieve their goals in the sports performance world, while being pain-free.
- Chiropractic care
- Manual therapy and soft tissue treatments for musculoskeletal injuries
- Sports Performance training and rehabilitation of injuries suffered in sports
- Functional Movement Screen and Injury Prevention Assessments
- ACL Rehabilitation and Post-Training
Team, Group Services:
- Small adult fitness strength training classes
- Youth athlete strength training classes
- Recovery and stretching classes for athletes
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” -Proverbs -22:6
Why Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation?
- Recover from injuries to get back on the playing field
- Regain strength and stability
- Improve body mechanics and dysfunctions to move better
- Take a preventative measure in fixing a problem before it becomes a problem
Common Injuries treated:
- Neck and low back pain
- Shoulder injuries in overhead athletes and lifters
- Shin splints and ankle sprains
- Knee pain due to jumping or poor mechanics in weight training
"Derrick's passion for job and his client's is remarkable. His multi- faceted approach to treatment has corrected my back and neck issues I had struggled with for years. Derick's assessment of young athletes is a must if you are interested in trying to minimize injury risks". - Bryan Toma
"I think Athletic Republic is an amazing training facility. I love the holistic way they approach each athlete. It's a one stop shop for mind and body". - Kathy Gregory
"Athletic Republic is an outstanding all around body workout that helps athletes get closer to reaching their full potential, not only does it focus on body but they also challenge the mental aspect as well. I couldn't be more appreciative of Dr. D, Adrienne, and the rest of the staff for their hours of dedication and hard work. They have shaped AR into being a very welcoming place for all athletes of all ages who are inspired to dedicate more hours to getting better at the sports they love". - Olivia Gregory
"Derrick has made an amazing difference for my 8-year-old daughter. She is faster, stronger, and has more confidence in her physical abilities than I ever dreamed possible. Best of all, she has so much fun she doesn’t even notice how hard she’s working! - Kimberly Friddle
To schedule with Dr. Raymer, D.C.
- Phone: 832-791-5954
- Online: Click here